public inbox for cygwin-talk@cygwin.com
* Re: Cannot Execute urxvt after upgrade
       [not found]             ` <CAMK_jUUDjC1RaHZZNpNN4Uv3Vbt5kirh32fRMuGsR7-Fk3JgbQ@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2012-07-22  5:47               ` Yaakov (Cygwin/X)
From: Yaakov (Cygwin/X) @ 2012-07-22  5:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-talk

On 2012-07-19 16:45, K Stahl wrote:
> Just attempted to compile the latest (rxvt-unicode-9.15) and ran into
> issues.  As I'm not completely versed in setting up the configuration
> environment in Cygwin, I'm at a loss.  Seeing as there were numerous
> packages that were updated as a result of the Perl version increment,
> reverting to an older version is less than an ideal solution at this
> point.
>
> Could someone contact Yaakov and get his input on the situation?
                         ^^^^^^
Anyone else notice how I get blamed for everything around here? :-)

Yaakov

* Re: Cannot Execute urxvt after upgrade
@ 2012-07-22  5:56                 ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2012-07-22  5:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-talk

On Sun, Jul 22, 2012 at 12:47:22AM -0500, Yaakov (Cygwin/X) wrote:
>On 2012-07-19 16:45, K Stahl wrote:
>> Just attempted to compile the latest (rxvt-unicode-9.15) and ran into
>> issues.  As I'm not completely versed in setting up the configuration
>> environment in Cygwin, I'm at a loss.  Seeing as there were numerous
>> packages that were updated as a result of the Perl version increment,
>> reverting to an older version is less than an ideal solution at this
>> point.
>>
>> Could someone contact Yaakov and get his input on the situation?
>                         ^^^^^^
>Anyone else notice how I get blamed for everything around here? :-)

Yep.  I noticed.  That was an odd request for two reasons.  1) they
assumed that you have somethint to do with urxvt and 2) they thought
that you needed to be "contacted", presumably because you just aren't
active enough in the mailing list.

Or, maybe the mailing lists are just not reliable enough.  When are
you going to fix that anyway?

cgf

* Re: Cannot Execute urxvt after upgrade
@ 2012-07-22  6:03                   ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2012-07-22  6:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-talk