On Mar 11 15:20, Porporato, Riccardo wrote: > Hi, > I've the following problem. > After installing latest Cygwin 2.870 (32 bit) the /etc/group file > isn't present. Is there any workaround to solve this issue, or it's > just something I missed? 1) Wrong mailing list, see https://cygwin.com/lists.html. 2) The fact that /etc/group and /etc/passwd are missing is by design. It was outlined in the announcement: https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-announce/2015-02/msg00009.html I suggest to read the new and shiny part of the User's Guide explaining the new account handling in excruciating detail: https://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/ntsec.html 3) Further technical discussion about Cygwin on this list is discouraged and penalized with two slaps from our dedicated body guards, the pink plush hippos. ;) Corinna