On Aug 29 20:09, Warren Young wrote: > On Aug 29, 2015, at 1:24 AM, Corinna Vinschen wrote: > > > > settings which prefer application shortcuts over global shortcuts > > I was thinking of it more as yet another reason to prefer mintty, and > a thing to keep in mind when you must use cmd.exe for some reason, as > with my recent testing of the full-screened console window on the main > list. > > MS is coming at it from the WordPad perspective, whereas mintty is > coming at it from the xterm/tty perspective. They’re going to > conflict over things like the meaning of Ctrl-A. > > The only reason they haven’t broken Ctrl-C, too, is that they can do > that only when there is something selected. > > But the Bash/Vim use for Ctrl-V is probably also broken under Windows > 10 now, so there goes the normal way of inserting literal control > characters into documents, something I end up needing to do once every > several months. (e.g. ^V^O to reset a terminal due to accidentally > cat-ing a binary file, or hacking around with ^M to test CR/LF > handling in some parser.) That doesn't invalidate what I wrote, rather to the contrary. I'm certain that Rich would appreciate an honest bug report over grumbling behind the scenes :) Corinna