On 6/11/2012 02:21, Christopher Faylor wrote: > Wow: > > http://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=4085022 > > That discussion sort of belies the intent of the site: > > http://ycombinator.com/newswelcome.html > > I did ask that a discussion about apt-cyg (or whatever it's called) be > started in the cygwin list. Apparently a lot of people use it. > Just glanced through the discussions, sounds like the blind leading the blind. To summarize the discussion: Something about users setting up some apt thing simply because they didn't know setup.exe could add packages. Gow is advertized as a Cygwin replacement, IMHO a poor replacement if it aims to follow in the gnuwin32 footsteps. I also like how they mentioned MSYS+MinGW32 is a capable replacement for Cygwin if somebody needed GCC on Windows. This sort of massive misunderstanding is why I tend to shy away from web 2.0 forums, is this called eternal September?