public inbox for cygwin-talk@cygwin.com
* Noto fonts missing from cygwin
       [not found] <596848227.58929.1459941943057.JavaMail.yahoo.ref@mail.yahoo.com>
@ 2016-04-06 11:25 ` David Boerschlein
From: David Boerschlein @ 2016-04-06 11:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-talk

It seems the "noto" fonts are missing from the Cygwin LaTeX distribution.
I am using the "mirrors.kernel.org"

CTAN (https://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/fonts/noto?lang=en) says they are supposed to be in TeX Live.
Also, I am unable to install the CTAN copy because I do not understand where to look for the "appropriate texmf tree" because the "find" command is not showing a folder named "texmf".   Also, I do not understand what "update the file-name database
(e.g., texhash). Update the font-map files by enabling the Map file noto.map" means because there are no command-line examples.    I would just prefer the fonts just come with the Cygwin distribution to begin with.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2016-04-06 11:25 UTC | newest]