public inbox for cygwin-talk@cygwin.com
* RE: include SHA1/MD5 hash/digest of setup.exe, and HTTPS
@ 2012-09-28 12:56 Buchbinder, Barry (NIH/NIAID) [E]
From: Buchbinder, Barry (NIH/NIAID) [E] @ 2012-09-28 12:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-talk; +Cc: Noel Grandin

Noel Grandin sent the following at Thursday, September 27, 2012 11:30 AM
>And in the words of Linus Torvalds: "The perfect is the enemy of the
>good". (Not actually originally by him, but he probably carries more
>weight around here)

Voltaire:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perfect_is_the_enemy_of_good

- Barry

* RE: include SHA1/MD5 hash/digest of setup.exe, and HTTPS
@ 2012-09-28 14:20 Buchbinder, Barry (NIH/NIAID) [E]
From: Buchbinder, Barry (NIH/NIAID) [E] @ 2012-09-28 14:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: The Vulgar and Unprofessional Cygwin-Talk List

Mike Marchywka wrote on September 28, 2012 9:26 AM
>can you guys please quote more context for those of
>us who don't read the cygwin main list.

It wasn't that hard to find.

My message was about the quote and had nothing to do with setup.exe,
so I didn't think the context was relevant.  That contributed to
moving it to the talk list.

- Barry

* RE: include SHA1/MD5 hash/digest of setup.exe, and HTTPS
@ 2012-09-28  3:10 Mark Geisert
From: Mark Geisert @ 2012-09-28  3:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-talk

> This deserves to be enshrined somewhere as the canonical
> (and admirably restrained) answer to "Why doesn't Open Source
> package X [do|include|implement] Y".

Someone has to do it.

.

.