public inbox for cygwin-talk@cygwin.com
* RE: ezmlm warning (fixed)
       [not found] ` <20190506205720.GA13386@ednor.casa.cgf.cx>
@ 2019-05-10 18:45   ` Buchbinder, Barry (NIH/NIAID) [E] via cygwin-talk
From: Buchbinder, Barry (NIH/NIAID) [E] via cygwin-talk @ 2019-05-10 18:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'cygwin-talk@cygwin.com'

Is CGF back!?!?!

If so:  :-)

- Barry

On Mon, May 06, 2019 4:57p cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please wrote:
The duplicate Sender header was mainly coming from announce-list resends.  It was helpfully added by perl's Mail::Internet package.

The mailing list software has been modified to delete incoming Sender header fields when it sees them which should result only one Sender:
header in mail to the list.

On Mon, May 06, 2019 at 04:02:55PM -0400, sourcemaster wrote:
>Please use postmaster (cc'ed), not sourcemaster, for email issues.
>See: RFC 822.
>
>On Mon, May 06, 2019 at 03:51:21PM -0400, Chris Wagner wrote:
>>Maintainers, I have been getting numerous bounce warnings and spam
>>holds on mail sent to me by the Cygwin list.  The spam holds are due
>>to protocol violations.  This ezmlm warning is because of: 550
>>Messages should have one or no Sender headers, not 2.
>>
>>If the list software could be made more compliant or I could be
>>informed about some loosened setting on my spam panel.
>>
>>Thanks.
>>

>>On 2019-05-06 2:22 pm, cygwin-help wrote:
>>>Hi! This is the ezmlm program. I'm managing the cygwin mailing list.
>>>
>>>Messages to you from the cygwin mailing list seem to have been
>>>bouncing. I've attached a copy of the first bounce message I
>>>received.
>>>
>>>If this message bounces too, I will send you a probe. If the probe
>>>bounces, I will remove your address from the cygwin mailing list,
>>>without further notice.
>>>
>>>I've kept a list of which messages from the cygwin mailing list have
>>>bounced from your address.
>>>
>>>Copies of these messages may be in the archive.
>>>To retrieve a set of messages 123-145 (a maximum of 100 per request),
>>>send an empty message to:
>>>   <cygwin-get.123_145@>
>>>
>>>To receive a subject and author list for the last 100 or so messages,
>>>send an empty message to:
>>>   <cygwin-index@>
>>>
>>>Here are the message numbers:
>>>
>>>   216505
>>>   216503
>>>   216515
>>>   216521
>>>   216525
>>>   216526
>>>   216529
>>>   216533
>>>   216540
>>>   216556
>>>   216557
>>>   216558
>>>   216559
>>>   216560
>>>   216561
>>>   216563
>>>   216564
>>>   216562
>>>   216571
>>>   216574
>>>   216575
>>>   216583
>>>   216579
>>>   216585
>>>   216586
>>>   216580
>>>   216587
>>>   216588
>>>   216590
>>>   216582
>>>   216584
>>>   216591
>>>   216589
>>>   216581
>>>   216594
>>>   216595
>>>   216598
>>>   216599
>>>   216601
> [...]

only message in thread, other threads:[~2019-05-10 18:45 UTC | newest]