public inbox for cygwin-talk@cygwin.com
* 800 pink hippos sighted off southern coast of uk
@ 2005-11-03 12:57 Dave Korn
From: Dave Korn @ 2005-11-03 12:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'that's a lot of hippos by anyone's standards'

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/southern_counties/4402234.stm

    cheers,
      DaveK

* Re: 800 pink hippos sighted off southern coast of uk
@ 2005-11-03 13:23 ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2005-11-03 13:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'that's a lot of hippos by anyone's standards'

On Nov  3 12:57, Dave Korn wrote:
> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/southern_counties/4402234.stm

Damn, nobody noticed the "CywGin is kewl!" print on the hippos.
Another failed advertising campain...

Corinna

* RE: 800 pink hippos sighted off southern coast of uk
@ 2005-11-03 13:30   ` Dave Korn
From: Dave Korn @ 2005-11-03 13:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'sploosh sploosh splosh splash sploosh'

Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Nov  3 12:57, Dave Korn wrote:
>> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/southern_counties/4402234.stm
>
> Damn, nobody noticed the "CywGin is kewl!" print on the hippos.
> Another failed advertising campain...
>

> Corinna

  Must have washed off in the salty water.  Damn those cheap low-quality
Chinese imported soft toys![*]

    cheers,
      DaveK

[*]  And, on the "hippos are dangerous" theme, not only can they run thirty
miles an hour, not only do they weigh two tons, not only can they bite off
your arm, step on your toes while ballet-dancing in tu-tus and fall out of the
sky onto your head from a great height.... but now we also have to worry about
their eyes coming off and little kids swallowing and choking on them or
getting stuck with the sharp pins used to hold them in!

* RE: 800 pink hippos sighted off southern coast of uk
@ 2005-11-03 19:56     ` Ross Boulet
From: Ross Boulet @ 2005-11-03 19:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'The Cygwin-Talk Malingering List'

[ ... snip ...]

> [*]  And, on the "hippos are dangerous" theme, not only
> can they run thirty
> miles an hour, not only do they weigh two tons, not only
> can they bite off
> your arm, step on your toes while ballet-dancing in tu-tus
> and fall out of the
> sky onto your head from a great height.... but now we also
> have to worry about
> their eyes coming off and little kids swallowing and
> choking on them or
> getting stuck with the sharp pins used to hold them in!

In addition to those dangers, it now seems they are capable
of knocking containers off a ship and using the contents to
camouflage an amphibious assault on the southern coast of
the UK.

* RE: 800 pink hippos sighted off southern coast of uk
@ 2005-11-03 20:06       ` Dave Korn
From: Dave Korn @ 2005-11-03 20:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'PKBx100'

Ross Boulet wrote:
> [ ... snip ...]
>
>> [*]  And, on the "hippos are dangerous" theme, not only can they run
>> thirty miles an hour, not only do they weigh two tons, not only can they
>> bite off your arm, step on your toes while ballet-dancing in tu-tus and
>> fall out of the sky onto your head from a great height.... but now we
>> also have to worry about their eyes coming off and little kids
>> swallowing and choking on them or getting stuck with the sharp pins used
>> to hold them in!
>
> In addition to those dangers, it now seems they are capable
> of knocking containers off a ship and using the contents to
> camouflage an amphibious assault on the southern coast of
> the UK.

  Hippos are great at infiltration!  They're just so subtle and good at
hiding, you'd never even know they were there.

  For instance, I bet you didn't realise there's one in the room with you,
right now!  Yes!  IT'S BEHIND YOU!!!   LOOK THERE!!!!!1!

@ 2005-11-04  9:18         ` zzapper
From: zzapper @ 2005-11-04  9:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-talk

On Thu, 3 Nov 2005 20:06:12 -0000,  wrote:

We MUST warn those foolish people who have invited a Hippo into their homes!!

--
zzapper
Success for Techies and Vim,Zsh tips

* Re: 800 pink hippos sighted off southern coast of uk
@ 2005-11-04 10:09           ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2005-11-04 10:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-talk

On Nov  4 09:18, zzapper wrote:
> On Thu, 3 Nov 2005 20:06:12 -0000,  wrote:
>
> We MUST warn those foolish people who have invited a Hippo into their homes!!

Right.  There's always the danger that the hippo might start table
dancing.  I don't think that's covered by the household insurance.

Corinna

* RE: 800 pink hippos sighted off southern coast of uk
@ 2005-11-04 12:21         ` S.Sunil Kumar
From: S.Sunil Kumar @ 2005-11-04 12:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: The Cygwin-Talk Malingering List

When we can get the pictures ?

Regards

--- Dave Korn <dave.korn@artimi.com> wrote:

> Ross Boulet wrote:
> > [ ... snip ...]
> >
> >> [*]  And, on the "hippos are dangerous" theme,
> not only can they run
> >> thirty miles an hour, not only do they weigh two
> tons, not only can they
> >> bite off your arm, step on your toes while
> ballet-dancing in tu-tus and
> >> fall out of the sky onto your head from a great
> height.... but now we
> >> also have to worry about their eyes coming off
> and little kids
> >> swallowing and choking on them or getting stuck
> with the sharp pins used
> >> to hold them in!
> >
> > In addition to those dangers, it now seems they
> are capable
> > of knocking containers off a ship and using the
> contents to
> > camouflage an amphibious assault on the southern
> coast of
> > the UK.
>

>   Hippos are great at infiltration!  They're just so
> subtle and good at
> hiding, you'd never even know they were there.
>
>   For instance, I bet you didn't realise there's one
> in the room with you,
> right now!  Yes!  IT'S BEHIND YOU!!!   LOOK
> THERE!!!!!1!
>

>     cheers,
>       DaveK
> --
> Can't think of a witty .sigline today....

__________________________________
http://farechase.yahoo.com

* RE: 800 pink hippos sighted off southern coast of uk
@ 2005-11-04 12:29           ` Dave Korn
From: Dave Korn @ 2005-11-04 12:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'valuable use of company's internet resources'

S.Sunil Kumar wrote:
> When we can get the pictures ?
>
> Regards

   THEY'RE BEHIND YOU !!!    LOOK QUICKLY BEFORE THEY HIDE!!!2!

    cheers,
      DaveK