public inbox for cygwin-talk@cygwin.com
* Re: Start up Script Question, Re: cygwin running from ext. USB HD
       [not found] <!~!UENERkVCMDkAAQACAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABgAAAAAAAAArJOJ9eNls0e23mUAaSIeRMKAAAAQAAAAJbXxFlCuEECZMCjhTLQ34AEAAAAA@sri.com>
@ 2006-08-17 21:26 ` mwoehlke
From: mwoehlke @ 2006-08-17 21:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-talk

Musht be mah turn...

Rich Mayo wrote:
> What script (or scripts) adds Cygwin directories to the existing environment
> variables?  I use xterm under the Cygwin X Server as my user environment and
> I'm not happy with the way my INCLUDE, LIB, and PATH variables are laid out.

*sip*

Dirk Schleicher wrote:
> it is possible to install cygwin on a external USB-hd? I think yes. I
> use W2k and want to store my mails from Sylpheed claws there.
> Or install cygwin normal and store the whole mails at the USB HD.
> To do this I have to mount the USB HD to cygwin.
> How to do this?

*sip*

(Two RTFMP's* later...)
(* wtf RTFM | sed 's/manual/manpage/')

--
Matthew
Websites such as ... Wikipedia ... are reputed to occupy users for

* Re: Start up Script Question, Re: cygwin running from ext. USB HD
@ 2006-08-17 23:39   ` Igor Peshansky
From: Igor Peshansky @ 2006-08-17 23:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: The Cygwin-Talk Maiming List

On Thu, 17 Aug 2006, mwoehlke wrote:

> Musht be mah turn...
>
> Rich Mayo wrote:
> > What script (or scripts) adds Cygwin directories to the existing environment
> > variables?  I use xterm under the Cygwin X Server as my user environment and
> > I'm not happy with the way my INCLUDE, LIB, and PATH variables are laid out.
>
> *sip*
>
> Dirk Schleicher wrote:
> > it is possible to install cygwin on a external USB-hd? I think yes. I
> > use W2k and want to store my mails from Sylpheed claws there.
> > Or install cygwin normal and store the whole mails at the USB HD.
> > To do this I have to mount the USB HD to cygwin.
> > How to do this?
>
> *sip*
>
> (Two RTFMP's* later...)
> (* wtf RTFM | sed 's/manual/manpage/')

Well, technically, the second isn't even an RTFM, more of an RTF
<http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using.html#mount-table> -- however, that
page points to (surprise, surprise) the output of "mount --help".

*GULP*.
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/

that!" -- Rostand, "Cyrano de Bergerac"

* Re: Start up Script Question, Re: cygwin running from ext. USB HD
@ 2006-08-18  0:29     ` mwoehlke
From: mwoehlke @ 2006-08-18  0:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-talk

Igor Peshansky wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Aug 2006, mwoehlke wrote:
>> Musht be mah turn...
>>
>> Rich Mayo wrote:
>>> What script (or scripts) adds Cygwin directories to the existing environment
>>> variables?  I use xterm under the Cygwin X Server as my user environment and
>>> I'm not happy with the way my INCLUDE, LIB, and PATH variables are laid out.
>> *sip*
>>
>> Dirk Schleicher wrote:
>>> it is possible to install cygwin on a external USB-hd? I think yes. I
>>> use W2k and want to store my mails from Sylpheed claws there.
>>> Or install cygwin normal and store the whole mails at the USB HD.
>>> To do this I have to mount the USB HD to cygwin.
>>> How to do this?
>> *sip*
>>
>> (Two RTFMP's* later...)
>> (* wtf RTFM | sed 's/manual/manpage/')
>
> Well, technically, the second isn't even an RTFM, more of an RTF
> <http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using.html#mount-table> -- however, that
> page points to (surprise, surprise) the output of "mount --help".

Possibly, but the impression I got from the OP was that he'd never heard
of the 'mount' command. :-)

> *GULP*.

I win! :-D