public inbox for cygwin-xfree-announce@sourceware.org
* Updated: xorg-server-1.9.2-1
@ 2010-11-03 23:41 Jon TURNEY
From: Jon TURNEY @ 2010-11-03 23:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree-announce

The following packages have been updated in the Cygwin distribution:

*** xorg-server-1.9.2-1
*** xorg-server-dmx-1.9.2-1

These packages contain XWin and the other X.Org X11 servers.

In addition to upstream fixes, this contains the following cygwin-specific
changes since 1.9.0-2:

* Rewrite of the way clipboard thread is started, which should improve
clipboard robustness in XDMCP session (thanks to Michel Hummel)
* Fix clipboard interaction with nxproxy (and possibly other X clients)
(thanks to Roland Cassard)
* Fix WM_DISPLAYCHANGE handling in windowed mode to not resize the X screen
* Don't write list email address into log
* Fix random DPI after resize
* Implement WGL AIGLX for non-toplevel X windows

WGL AIGLX
=========
The experimental WGL AIGLX mode (activated by the XWin command line option
'-wgl') which enables hardware accelerated OpenGL rendering in the X server
using the native WGL OpenGL interface, should now be working well enough to be
useful. I'd very much like to hear reports of success or failure with specific
OpenGL applications.

For remote clients, you must 'export LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT=1' before starting
the client application to force indirect rendering.

For local clients, the recent update of libGL1 to 7.8.2-1 makes indirect
rendering the default, so no special steps are needed.

Please ensure you are using the latest display drivers for your graphics
hardware before reporting any visual issues with WGL.

Known problems:
- OpenGL windows with static contents aren't re-drawn when occluded by a
native Window and then exposed.  Workaround: force the window to redraw, e.g.
by resizing it.
- When an OpenGL window is behind a native application window which uses
layered windows for translucency e.g mintty, the OpenGL rendering is drawn
over the top, flickering. Apparently, if we want to avoid this, we need to do
the OpenGL rendering offscreen, then transfer it our window, so this becomes
most of the 'use native compositing in multiwindow mode' todo list item.

--
Jon TURNEY
Volunteer Cygwin/X X Server maintainer

email header of this message.  Send email to the address specified
there.  It will be in the format:

If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:

Please read *all* of the information on unsubscribing that is available
starting at this URL.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2010-11-03 23:41 UTC | newest]