Hi, when xterm has keyboard focus, but mouse pointer is outside of the window (or even on Window's blue title bar): - all blind keys are ignored: o instead of 'à' (key '`' then 'a') you get just a normal 'a' o can't type '^' character (on a German keyboard done with blind '^' key then space) -> you will just get the space instead o same with '`' or '´': all blind keys are affected - can't paste text with the mouse - all other keys work as expected Effect: - While working and not noticing that the mouse pointer slowly left the window, in vi you want to jump to mark a (typing `a). '`' is ignored and the 'a' brings vi into append mode! - typing something like ":%s/^xxx/yyy/" is annoying, because you can't type ^, until you reposition the mouse pointer inside the window 100 % reproducable. When the mouse pointer is inside the xterm, everything works fine: you get à or ^ and can paste text. It makes no difference whether I use XWin.20110803-git-a493c0465e56ce0b or XWin.exe from the release. Logs of xev and XWin.log (with -logverbose 3) are in the attachment. The XWin.logs are the same regardless if mouse is inside or outside, but I notice a small difference in xev's output. Thanks & regards, Paul