I have been having the same problem. Attached is my XWin.log. To clarify: 2 screens. Any movement of a window makes it enter a state where it is all white when on the right screen, and will display normally on the left screen, except for the cursor. I miss my rootless, multiwindow display! Thanks, Dan Re: Ben Jackson wrote: I have been (successfully) using XWin with -multimonitor -multiwindow recently. However, since upgrading to the latest release (via setup.exe - 4.2.0-3) 4.2.0-3 of what? The only really useful version number is the version of the XFree86-xserv package, and the current version is 4.3.0-49. Update tomorrow and see how it works. Harold