I just discovered that this problem does not appear when I copy from OpenOffice and paste in Windows and that it has been there as far back as I can remember(and in xwinclip). It didn't occur to me that this could be "Evolution specific". There is also a second "Evolution" problem: line feeds are not translated correctly(everything ends up on a single line). Although there are some alarming lines in the XWin.log, the lines do not appear when I "copy" from Evolution: winClipboardErrorHandler - ERROR: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes) Øyvind