* cygwin problem
@ 2010-06-13 19:19 hakobyan
From: hakobyan @ 2010-06-13 19:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree

Dear Madam/Sir,

Could you help me to solve the following problem, please.
Each time I run "startx", I get the following error message:
     A fatal error has occured and Cygwin/X will now exit,
     Please open /tmp/XWin.log for more information.
     Vendor: The Cygwin/X Project
     Release: 6.8.99.901-4
     Contact: cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com
     XWin was started with the following command-line:
     X:0 -multiwindow-clipboard

Sometimes, after getting this error message I get the xterm opened,
but in most of the cases not.
What would be your suggestion for solving the problem?
Thanks,
Rafael

* Re: cygwin problem
@ 2010-06-14  1:40 ` Yaakov (Cygwin/X)
From: Yaakov (Cygwin/X) @ 2010-06-14  1:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree

On Sun, 2010-06-13 at 13:19 -0600, hakobyan wrote:
> Could you help me to solve the following problem, please.
> Each time I run "startx", I get the following error message:
>      A fatal error has occured and Cygwin/X will now exit,
>      Please open /tmp/XWin.log for more information.
>      Vendor: The Cygwin/X Project
>      Release: 6.8.99.901-4

You are running an ancient version of Cygwin/X.  Please read these,
upgrade, and try again:

http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-xfree-announce/2008-11/msg00000.html
http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-xfree-announce/2009-10/msg00010.html
http://x.cygwin.com/docs/faq/cygwin-x-faq.html

Yaakov
Cygwin/X

* Re: Cygwin problem
@ 2002-08-16 13:52   ` Nicholas Wourms
From: Nicholas Wourms @ 2002-08-16 13:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree; +Cc: Alexander.Gottwald

--- Alexander Gottwald <Alexander.Gottwald@informatik.tu-chemnitz.de>
wrote:
> On Fri, 16 Aug 2002, Manjunatha Shetty Kondalli wrote:
>
> > Could you please tell me the solution for following problem?
> > Xlib: connection to "mywinhost:0.0" refused by server
> >  Xlib: Invalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 key
> >  Error: Can't open display: mywinhost:0
>
> _Never_ mail me directly when the question belongs to the
> cygwin-xfree
> mailinglist.

*ROFLMAO*, they can't help it, they're just n00bies!  Seriously
though, the mcookie application is supposed to allivate this error.
Perhaps it should be included in the script.

Cheers,
Nicholas

HotJobs - Search Thousands of New Jobs
http://www.hotjobs.com

* Re: Cygwin problem
       [not found] <B578222943BCF742B125B4430A82951B04CD67@blr-itp-msg.wipro.com>
@ 2002-08-16 13:32 ` Alexander Gottwald
From: Alexander Gottwald @ 2002-08-16 13:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Manjunatha Shetty Kondalli; +Cc: cygwin-xfree

On Fri, 16 Aug 2002, Manjunatha Shetty Kondalli wrote:

> Could you please tell me the solution for following problem?
> Xlib: connection to "mywinhost:0.0" refused by server
>  Xlib: Invalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 key
>  Error: Can't open display: mywinhost:0

_Never_ mail me directly when the question belongs to the cygwin-xfree
mailinglist.

BTW: The question was already asked. Please check the archives.

Fup to cygwin-xfree

bye
    ago
 http://www.gotti.org           ICQ: 126018723