* Mouse menues stopped working
@ 2011-10-06  8:28 Kåre Edvardsen
From: Kåre Edvardsen @ 2011-10-06  8:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree

I'm running cygwin 1.7.9-1 on a HP EliteBook 2540p with Win 7 Pro, and
after working around in various x-applications for some time, mouse
menus become slower and almost non responsive in the end.

I'm sure this is a known issue, but could not really find any solution
in the list archives.

Any ideas or links to a solution?

Kare

* Re: Mouse menues stopped working
@ 2011-10-13 12:35 ` Jon TURNEY
From: Jon TURNEY @ 2011-10-13 12:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree; +Cc: kare.edvardsen

On 06/10/2011 09:27, KÃ¥re Edvardsen wrote:
> I'm running cygwin 1.7.9-1 on a HP EliteBook 2540p with Win 7 Pro, and
> after working around in various x-applications for some time, mouse
> menus become slower and almost non responsive in the end.
>
> I'm sure this is a known issue, but could not really find any solution
> in the list archives.
>
> Any ideas or links to a solution?

Please take a look at http://cygwin.com/problems.html and try to provide some
more information so someone might attempt to reproduce your problem.

Please provide the cygcheck.out and Xwin.0.log as suggested there.  Does your
problem occur with all X applications? Or specific ones? etc. This sounds like
some sore of resource leak, but without more information it's going to be very
hard to reproduce and track down.

> --

Jon TURNEY
Volunteer Cygwin/X X Server maintainer

* Re: Mouse menues stopped working
@ 2011-10-13 12:50   ` Kåre Edvardsen
From: Kåre Edvardsen @ 2011-10-13 12:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree; +Cc: Jon TURNEY

> > I'm running cygwin 1.7.9-1 on a HP EliteBook 2540p with Win 7 Pro, and
> > after working around in various x-applications for some time, mouse
> > menus become slower and almost non responsive in the end.
> >
> > I'm sure this is a known issue, but could not really find any solution
> > in the list archives.
> >
> > Any ideas or links to a solution?
>
> Please take a look at http://cygwin.com/problems.html and try to provide some
> more information so someone might attempt to reproduce your problem.
>
> Please provide the cygcheck.out and Xwin.0.log as suggested there.  Does your
> problem occur with all X applications? Or specific ones? etc. This sounds like
> some sore of resource leak, but without more information it's going to be very
> hard to reproduce and track down.

It has probably to do with the mouse pad on the lap, as the problem is
gone if I use an external mouse. If it is of interest for anyone I can
provide relevant logs. Which ones, in addition to cygcheck.out and
Xwin.0.log I dont' know, but just let me know.

Regards,
KÃ¥re