* RE: Redrawing problems with MSVDM
@ 2004-01-29 20:24 William Conrad Halliburton
From: William Conrad Halliburton @ 2004-01-29 20:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: abraverman; +Cc: cygwin-xfree

I upgraded to -44 and the problem seems fixed, except for windows that are
maximized. Much better now but not perfect.

I had switched to using fvwm and did not have the problem, but using fvwm
had other issues. Such as it would follow me from workspace to workspace.

I am now going to use the -44 and just not maximize windows. Hopefully
this can also be resolved.

Thank you,
William Halliburton

@ 2004-01-30  0:50 Orrigo, Giampaolo .
From: Orrigo, Giampaolo . @ 2004-01-30  0:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com'

I just upgraded to -44 (on WINNT 4).
Using -multiwindow the problem remains when windows are maximized and then
iconized.
When they are brought up again they are all white.

I apologize for my previous message about this problem. I didn't search
through the mailing list.. Sorry!!

GP

@ 2004-01-26 14:20 William Conrad Halliburton
From: William Conrad Halliburton @ 2004-01-26 14:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree

I am using Microsoft Virtual Desktop Manager under XP with the latest cygwin.

XWin -multiwindow

When switching back to a desktop with a window from the XServer the window
will often not refresh and is drawn completly blank.  There was a previous
message in October on this list with no resolution.

This seems to only occur when there are multiple windows. I have not had
any problems with only the original xterm running.

I am reduced to only using one xterm and would like to graduate to using
the cygwin X11 version of emacs.

I am willing to debug if given pointers. I would also switch virtual
desktop manages if there is a replacement.

Thank you,
William Halliburton