* obstacle running "cygwin" (communicating with Solaris 8, Sparc) ...
@ 2003-11-04 18:44 Andreas (privat)
From: Andreas (privat) @ 2003-11-04 18:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree

Hello,

it's my intention to start a remote login-process at the solaris-pc via
cygwin. Unfortunately the
login-session is always interrupted. Cygwin is only able to depict a black
screen (including the mouse cursor). Nothing else occurs ... I figured out the
same behaviour while using realvnc. After - let's say - 30 seconds the
vncserver terminates itself with the following error message:

XDMCP fatal error: login failed .... (something like that).

I've already checked the Xaccess-file ... without success. Does anyone know
a solution? It should be mentioned that the login-process has already been
working since some months. It has to stay relation with more or less conscious
modifications to the Solaris-PC. But where should I take a look at?

Much thanks in advance! Bye Querra

* Re: obstacle running "cygwin" (communicating with Solaris 8, Sparc) ...
@ 2003-11-04 18:59 ` Brian Ford
From: Brian Ford @ 2003-11-04 18:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree

http://xfree86.cygwin.com/docs/faq/cygwin-xfree-faq.html#q-solaris-fonts

--
Brian Ford
Senior Realtime Software Engineer

* Re: obstacle running "cygwin" (communicating with Solaris 8, Sparc) ...
@ 2003-11-05 14:55   ` Andreas (privat)
From: Andreas (privat) @ 2003-11-05 14:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree

Hello Brain,

much thanks for your response. But unfortunately my problem doesn't stay in
relation with the fonts. I've tried it yet. Do you have another solution in
mind?

Bye Querra