* still wmaker tiff problems?
@ 2003-11-19 10:57 Lester Ingber
From: Lester Ingber @ 2003-11-19 10:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree

I've seen other reports about lost tiff icon images using wmaker, but I
see they still have not been fixed?  (I recall the poster was asked if
he had his files mounted text, to which he replied binary -- mine are
binary too.)

I've been getting the following warnings whenever I start my initial
session which brings up several xterms.  I start wmaker in my startxwin.sh
under tcsh using
startxwin.sh >& log.xwin &

In log.win I see:

TIFFReadDirectory: Warning, /usr/X11R6/share/WINGs/Images.tiff: unknown field with tag 317 (0x13d) encountered.
TIFFReadDirectory: Warning, /usr/X11R6/share/WindowMaker/Icons/Terminal.tiff: unknown field with tag 317 (0x13d) encountered.
TIFFReadDirectory: Warning, /usr/X11R6/share/WindowMaker/Icons/Terminal.tiff: unknown field with tag 317 (0x13d) encountered.

Thanks.

Lester

--
 Prof. Lester Ingber  ingber@ingber.com  ingber@alumni.caltech.edu
 www.ingber.com                     www.alumni.caltech.edu/~ingber

* Re: still wmaker tiff problems?
@ 2003-11-19 15:53 ` Harold L Hunt II
From: Harold L Hunt II @ 2003-11-19 15:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree

Lester,

Problem still there until someone wants to fix it.  Charles Wilson
posted very useful information (he maintains the tiff package), but I
have not been able to follow up on it.

Harold