Hi again, folks -- ...and then David T-G said... % ... % I hate these kinds of errors because it's so incredibly hard to get a % real resolution to the problem, but I'll not turn down having my gvim % work again :-) Even that is taken from me now. I had gvim happily open on a file, closed it, opened another file, and we're tiny. When I have set guifont=Courier\ Bold\ 10 in my .vimrc it is at least visible, although still small, and doesn't change with the font size, but it does change size if I specify different fonts (ie Lucida at any size is wider than Courier or Courier Bold at any size, while Times New Roman is very small); when I comment it out I'm back to the crazy tiny that I had before. Any more ideas? :-( TIA again & HAND :-D -- David T-G See http://justpickone.org/davidtg/email/ See http://justpickone.org/davidtg/tofu.txt