On Sat, Dec 10, 2011 at 01:14:34PM +0100, Paul Maier wrote: > Hi there, > > when I reboot my PC, scrolling an xterm with a Levovo trackpoint works (mostly) fine, very smooth and good speed. > Then I work for a while and some condition, that I couldn't find out yet, corrupts it. > It then doesn't scroll WHILE you hold that Trackpoint middle button down, but after you RELEASED it; > on release it catches up for all the scrolling that should have appeared before. > It's then not really scrolling but guesswork, how much of pressure might be the right, then you release > and you see where you got scrolled by that. > > Does anybody have the same experience or an idea what could be the cause of that switching from working to not working? not exactly - if it's using wheel mouse (buttons 4/5) those should be sent continuously. xterm isn't necessarily going to keep up with a continuous stream of events, so there could be a buildup of events making xterm not seem to do much for a while. I made some improvements to filter out duplicate window movement/resizing, but that shouldn't be related. I was working on other bugs for a while, came back to the blind-keys issue. I think I understand it well enough to attempt a fix. Essentially what (I think) is the problem is that the input method which handles compose is not attached to the scrollbar and toolbar area. I'll see if I can do that, to wrap up #277 changes. -- Thomas E. Dickey http://invisible-island.net ftp://invisible-island.net