On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 05:58:10PM +0000, Matt Seitz (matseitz) wrote: > Did this update change the XTerm icon that is displayed in the Windows task > bar? > > Previously, when I launched the XWin Server, I would see the x.org logo (a > black X with an orange ring) in the task bar as the icon for the XTerm > window. Today, I see the XTerm icon for the XTerm window: a red X with a > blue T superimposed over it. yes - from xterm's standpoint it's moderately complicated. For Xwin Server, I assume that the icon is shown because that's the window which keeps the server from exiting. Though I investigated several cases, I didn't consider this particular one. xterm now specifies an icon because several of the cases I found didn't provide any icon at all - a favor from the desktop packagers, it seems. I did consider providing a special resource value that would suppress the xterm-specific icon (such as "none" or "default"), but decided to see what type of feedback I'd get first. HTH > "Yaakov (Cygwin/X)" wrote: > > The following package has been updated for the Cygwin distribution: > > > > *** xterm-283-1 > > > > The xterm program is a terminal emulator for the X Window System. It > > provides DEC VT102 and Tektronix 4014 compatible terminals for programs > > that can't use the window system directly. > > > > This is an update to the latest upstream release. > > > > -- > > > > Yaakov > > Cygwin/X > > -- > Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple > Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html > Documentation: http://x.cygwin.com/docs/ > FAQ: http://x.cygwin.com/docs/faq/ -- Thomas E. Dickey http://invisible-island.net ftp://invisible-island.net