On Fri, Mar 07, 2014 at 03:37:36PM -0800, Mark Hansen wrote: > > Okay, this is very strange. As I said before, I have had no problems launching XTerms > on my desktop running 64-bit Cygwin. I've launched several XTerms today with no problems > ... until a few minutes ago. I went to launch an XTerm on my desktop PC and it began > having the same problem I saw on the laptop (the error having to do with XTERM_SHELL). > > I edited the launcher shortcut to remove the "/bin/zsh -l" from the end of the command > and it started working again. > > I didn't do anything to update the Cygwin product on my desktop during this time. xterm handles these three cases differently: xterm xterm /bin/zsh xterm -e /bin/zsh The bug that I mentioned is in the second case - not in the other two. -- Thomas E. Dickey http://invisible-island.net ftp://invisible-island.net