From: "Gulliver.M.Smith" <gulliver.m.smith@gmail.com>
To: cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com
Subject: Re: (X)Emacs Window Manager commands
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2011 13:07:00 -0000	[thread overview]

Sorry for the delay in posting a reply.

In emacs, you can use the file menu to create a new frame (window).

You then need to enter elisp commands to invoke these functions. An elisp
command can be entered interactively by pressing Alt-:

First, create a frame using the file menu.

Then capture one frame with Alt-: (setq f (selected-frame))

Move the mouse into the other window and bring it to the front. The frame
commands are

(raise-frame f)
(iconify-frame f)
(decionify-frame f)