* What to capture to debug GUI app's slow response to mouse message s?
@ 2003-10-30  2:22 Steve Stone
From: Steve Stone @ 2003-10-30  2:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com'

I upgraded a GUI app and it now has extremely slow response (30 seconds) to
mouse clicks in its TreeView Explorer window (running under KDE).  Their
tech support person believes it is how I have Cygwin configured (although
they are unable to configure theirs to run like how I do).  The App does NOT
run slow on the Linux workstation itself, only when run from under
Cygwin/XFree86 and only when Cygwin is NOT launched as "multiwindow".  (When
I launch as multiwindow with no KDE, the app instead loses all keystroke
navigation in its TreeView!)

What tools exist that a non-X-Windows-literate person can run to capture the
messages to determine it this is a Windows NT issue (SP 6), Linux issue
(2.4.18-10, RedHat), a Cygwin issue (current) or even a KDE issue?

Thank you!

Steve Stone 503.672.5771

* Re: What to capture to debug GUI app's slow response to mouse message s?
@ 2003-10-30  2:43 ` Harold L Hunt II
From: Harold L Hunt II @ 2003-10-30  2:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree

Steve,

You want to use "xev" X Event Viewer to see how quickly the messages are
arriving.  You can run "man xev" for more info, or do a google search
for xev.

Good luck,

Harold