* RE: DDD needs a porter [Was: DDD 3.3.8 segmentation error, relate d to Motif?]
@ 2003-11-24 17:55 Richard Campbell
From: Richard Campbell @ 2003-11-24 17:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com'

>Somebody needs to take it upon themself to port DDD and make appropriate
>fixes to make it work on Cygwin/X.  This has not been done to date, as
>far as I can recall, and it is likely to need to be done before ddd will
>"just work".  I don't see a lot happening with DDD until someone steps
>forward to port it properly.

In previous versions (cygwin, xfree, ddd), DDD did compile and run out
of the box.  I believe that is why no one took it upon themselves
previously.

see http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2003-09/msg00241.html

-Richard Campbell.

* Re: DDD needs a porter [Was: DDD 3.3.8 segmentation error, relate d to Motif?]
@ 2003-11-24 18:15 ` Harold L Hunt II
From: Harold L Hunt II @ 2003-11-24 18:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree

Richard,

Richard Campbell wrote:

>>Somebody needs to take it upon themself to port DDD and make appropriate
>>fixes to make it work on Cygwin/X.  This has not been done to date, as
>>far as I can recall, and it is likely to need to be done before ddd will
>>"just work".  I don't see a lot happening with DDD until someone steps
>>forward to port it properly.
>

> In previous versions (cygwin, xfree, ddd), DDD did compile and run out
> of the box.  I believe that is why no one took it upon themselves
> previously.
>
> see http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2003-09/msg00241.html

Okay.  That is good to know.

However, a lot has happened since then and I stand by my point that
someone will have to dedicate some time to getting this to work.  The
LessTif questions could be a red herring... the problem might be that
there are some #ifdef __CYGWIN__'s in the code that cause problems with
the new Cygwin 1.5.3-x + versions.  However, it could be any number of
issues.

Harold