* Re: keyboard not working
@ 2003-12-19 14:19 Stephan Schaefer
From: Stephan Schaefer @ 2003-12-19 14:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: huntharo, cygwin-xfree

SFU 3.0 has no X server, but it has the standard X11 binaries like
xterm, xclock, etc that can be started from its own C-Shell. Of course
this requires a running X Server.

Stephan

* Re: keyboard not working
@ 2003-12-19  9:11 ` Harold L Hunt II
From: Harold L Hunt II @ 2003-12-19  9:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree

Just a question for anybody that uses SFU --- Does SFU have an X Server?
  I didn't think that it did... I thought it included some limited X
stuff for command-line clients or perhaps to allow clients to be
displayed on remote machines.  Does anyone know what SFU actually has?
I want to make sure it hasn't gotten too far advanced while I was not
looking :)

Harold

* Re: keyboard not working
@ 2003-12-18 23:51 ` Stephan Schaefer
From: Stephan Schaefer @ 2003-12-18 23:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Juan Medina; +Cc: cygwin-xfree

Hi Juan,

Thanks a lot ! That exactly solves my problem. I also had SFU installed :(

Best regards
Stephan

@ 2003-12-18 20:40 Juan Medina
From: Juan Medina @ 2003-12-18 20:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: s.schaefer, cygwin-xfree

******************************

@ 2003-12-17  3:08 Juan Medina
From: Juan Medina @ 2003-12-17  3:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree

Hi!

I have just seen this thread, and report EXACTLY the
same problems that
Stephan has reported. Mouse, Shift, Alt, Ctrl and the
numeric keys do work,
the rest does not.

I am using a Microsoft Natural Keyboard. I do have the
latest DirectX too
(don't know if that is related).

Xterm does not show characters typed other than
numeric chars. xev reports
what I mentioned on the previous paragraph.

RXVT does not accept input either UNLESS I unset
DISPLAY (last version I had
did not have this requirement).

I have tried to solve this problem by getting a sample
XF86Config file and
putting in the setting

Option "XkbModel"    "microsoft"

to no avail. Any hints on what might be happening
would be greatly welcomed.
I totally depend on Cygwin (I use rxvt all the time),
so I would greatly
appreciate hints on what to do.

Best Regards,

JUAN M. MEDINA

@ 2003-12-15 18:47 Stephan Schaefer
From: Stephan Schaefer @ 2003-12-15 18:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alexander.gottwald; +Cc: cygwin-xfree

@ 2003-12-15 15:32 ` Alexander Gottwald
From: Alexander Gottwald @ 2003-12-15 15:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree

On Mon, 15 Dec 2003, Stephan Schaefer wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just installed the most recent Xfree version but cannot input
> anything. I saw others reporting the same problem but nobody confirmed
> the problem officially.
> I added an XF86Config file with keyboard entries (the one from the
> chemnitz page) and the errors about not having a keyboard configured
> disappeared from the logfile, but still no key stroke is recognized.

Which programs have you tried? Please also run xev for testing and press
some keys in the "Event Test" window. Are there some ButtonPress events
reported?

bye
	ago
--