From: Harold L Hunt II <huntharo@msu.edu>
To: cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com
Subject: Re: Crashing after two or three server resets
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2004 20:21:00 -0000	[thread overview]

Takuma,

Takuma Murakami wrote:

> The crash in fontdir.c have been there for a while.  At least
> most of xserv-2x releases have it.  I challenged the problem
> several times but I could neither fix, nor unveil how to
> reproduce it.  I think it occurred on the first reset as well
> as plural resets.  But it's not certain because I have not yet
> encountered it with xorg-based servers.

I think the first thing to do is just check if FreeFonts () is being
called twice on some server resets.  If it is, then the problem is
simple: prevent it from being called twice.  If FreeFonts () is not
called twice, then the problem could be more difficult to track down.

> Another problem on server reset is that Japanese keyboard
> layout is ignored after server reset in XDMCP sessions.
> I attach a patch for the problem.  Now I'm missing where
> the latest code resides, so I create it against xorg repository
> on freedesktop.org.

Yes, the latest code for Cygwin/X is in the xorg repository on
freedesktop.org, you made your patch against the correct source.

Thanks for the patch!

By the way, is there anything that makes this just apply to Japanese
keyboard layouts, or is it generally applicable to all keyboard layouts
being lost on a server reset in Xdcmp sessions?

Harold