* downgrading
@ 2004-03-03  7:22 Daniel Danger Bentley
From: Daniel Danger Bentley @ 2004-03-03  7:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree

Thanks so much!

Any good hints on how I downgrade XFree?  Can I do it with setup.exe?  How
do I install it?  Is there a good page?  I'd love to make this work again.

Thanks,
Dan

* Re: downgrading
@ 2004-03-03 11:16 ` Alexander Gottwald
From: Alexander Gottwald @ 2004-03-03 11:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree

On Tue, 2 Mar 2004, Daniel Danger Bentley wrote:

> Thanks so much!
>
> Any good hints on how I downgrade XFree?  Can I do it with setup.exe?  How
> do I install it?  Is there a good page?  I'd love to make this work again.

What do you mean with downgrade?

bye
	ago

--
 Alexander.Gottwald@s1999.tu-chemnitz.de
 http://www.gotti.org           ICQ: 126018723

* Re: downgrading
@ 2004-03-03 13:31 ` Harold L Hunt II
From: Harold L Hunt II @ 2004-03-03 13:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree

Dan,

Please use XFree86-xserv-4.3.0-50 when it hits the mirrors in a few
hours.  Takuma Murakami made a patch that should fix your problem with
window moving on multiple monitors (he has a multiple monitor setup at
home, so I believe he was able to test this).

In answer to your question, can downgrade to the version currently
marked as "prev" via setup.exe if you locate the XFree86-xserv package
in the list of packages, then click on the value in the "New" column
until it says the previous version number.  You can figure out which is
the previous version number by clicking the new column up to about 8
times until you see all options available.

However, we generally like to fix things quickly and would prefer not to
have most users downgrading to older versions to work around things.

Harold