* xdvi script - minor bug
@ 2004-03-15 22:22 Gregory Borota
From: Gregory Borota @ 2004-03-15 22:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree

Last line of the script reads:
xdvi.bin $NAMEOPT ${1+"$@"}

Should be:
exec xdvi.bin $NAMEOPT ${1+"$@"}

so that SIGNALS are sent to xdvi.bin and not xdvi script.
Whizzytex for example, needs to send SIGUSR1 to xdvi.bin
to ask it to reread the dvi file.

Thanks,
Greg

* Re: xdvi script - minor bug
@ 2004-03-16  8:53 ` Jan Nieuwenhuizen
From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen @ 2004-03-16  8:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree

Gregory Borota writes:

> Should be:
> exec xdvi.bin $NAMEOPT ${1+"$@"}

Thanks.  I'll forward it upstream, this will be fixed in the next
release.

Jan.

--
Jan Nieuwenhuizen <janneke@gnu.org> | GNU LilyPond - The music typesetter

* Re: xdvi script - minor bug
@ 2004-03-18  0:55   ` Gregory Borota
From: Gregory Borota @ 2004-03-18  0:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree

> Gregory Borota writes:
>

>>Should be:
>>exec xdvi.bin $NAMEOPT ${1+"$@"}
>

> Thanks.  I'll forward it upstream, this will be fixed in the next
> release.
>
> Jan.

Well, another thing that might be fixed is to allow dvi files to be
renamed even while they are displayed. At present one could only copy
into the file but not "move into". I find that quite weird. Here is what
I mean:

$ xdvi file.dvi &

$ cp otherfile.dvi file.dvi

That works!

$ mv otherfile.dvi file.dvi

mv: cannot create regular file `file.dvi': Permission denied

It might be related to the fact that F_SETOWN is not implemented under
Cygwin.

fcntl F_SETOWN (xdvi): Invalid argument

Thanks,
Greg