* Massive CVS update
@ 2004-03-17 21:00 Alexander Gottwald
From: Alexander Gottwald @ 2004-03-17 21:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree

Hi,

I've merged the XORG-RELEASE-1 branch from yesterday to the CYGWIN
branch. This means you will have to do an update -d in the xc
directory and you will most likely have to do "make World" again
to update the Makefiles and some include files.

I will try to merge the XORG-RELEASE-1 branch more often into the
CYGWIN branch to be as close as possible to the xorg work and be
able to make a stable release as soon as the other xorg developers
make their release.

The next merges will (most likely) be smaller and will not affect
that many files.

bye
	ago
--
 Alexander.Gottwald@s1999.tu-chemnitz.de
 http://www.gotti.org           ICQ: 126018723

* Re: Massive CVS update
@ 2004-03-18 11:52 ` Alexander Gottwald
From: Alexander Gottwald @ 2004-03-18 11:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree

On Wed, 17 Mar 2004, Alexander Gottwald wrote:

> I will try to merge the XORG-RELEASE-1 branch more often into the
> CYGWIN branch to be as close as possible to the xorg work and be
> able to make a stable release as soon as the other xorg developers
> make their release.

Some words on how I do the merge:

I have the two branches checked out with this layout

xorg-release-1/xc XORG-RELEASE-1
xc-cygwin-merge/xc CYGWIN

the commands are quite simple

#
# Get the latest from XORG-RELEASE-1
#
cd xorg-release-1/xc
cvs update
#
# Mark the checked out revisions
#
cvs tag -F XORG-CYGWIN-MERGE
#
# Merge changes between XORG-CYGWIN-LAST-MERGE and XORG-CYGWIN-MERGE
#
cd ../../xc-cygwin-merge/xc
cvs update -j XORG-CYGWIN-LAST-MERGE -j XORG-CYGWIN-MERGE
#
# clean up
#
<remove conflicts, check that the tree builds>
#
# Commit what has changed
#
cvs commit -m "merge with XORG-RELEASE-1"
#
# Mark the revisions as last merge point
#
cd ../../xorg-release-1/xc
cvs tag -F -r XORG-CYGWIN-MERGE XORG-CYGWIN-LAST-MERGE

bye
	ago
--

@ 2004-03-18 16:08   ` Harold L Hunt II
From: Harold L Hunt II @ 2004-03-18 16:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree

Thank you.  These instructions will help me when I have to do the same
thing.

Harold