* xwin -multiwindow puts glass pane over windows taskbar
@ 2010-08-16 15:00 Ryan Johnson
From: Ryan Johnson @ 2010-08-16 15:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree

  Hi all,

The latest versions of the X server put a glass pane over the windows
taskbar -- you have to click on it and then wait several seconds before
it responds and gets out of the way.

This seems related to the previous problem of generally slow response to
key presses...

Has anyone else run into this?
Ryan

* Re: xwin -multiwindow puts glass pane over windows taskbar
@ 2010-08-31 17:44 ` Jon TURNEY
From: Jon TURNEY @ 2010-08-31 17:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree; +Cc: ryanjohn

On 16/08/2010 11:57, Ryan Johnson wrote:
> The latest versions of the X server put a glass pane over the windows taskbar
> -- you have to click on it and then wait several seconds before it responds
> and gets out of the way.
>
> This seems related to the previous problem of generally slow response to key
> presses...
>
> Has anyone else run into this?

I don't see any behaviour like that, and I can't really visualize what you are
describing.  Can you upload some screenshots somewhere?

Facts which might be relevant:
- do you have the taskbar set to autohide?
- what version of Windows are you using?
- is this the same problem as you mentioned at [1]?

[1] http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-xfree/2010-08/msg00011.html

--
Jon TURNEY
Volunteer Cygwin/X X Server maintainer