* Running Java application with drag and drop support in cygwin
@ 2009-10-28  5:57 Dees
From: Dees @ 2009-10-28  5:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree

Hi,

I have developed a Java application involving jTree with extensive
drag and drop support, which runs correctly in my Linux box. However,
when I switch to a windows box and access the same Linux box using
cygwin x-server, the drag and drop in jTree stops working.
Interestingly, rest of the application still works fine. After
analyzing a bit I found that x-server is able to recognize the drag
event but fails to recognize a drop event.

Is there any setting, which should be done prior to running the Java
swing applications?

Here is a sample code which behaves in exactly same way.
http://www.java2s.com/Code/Java/Swing-JFC/TreeDragandDrop.htm

May be my problem is related to some setting. Though, not sure.
Has anybody come across something similar? What should be done then?
Please let me know.

TIA
Shefali