* Problems with URXVT [Perl]
@ 2010-10-11 22:02 Angelo Graziosi
From: Angelo Graziosi @ 2010-10-11 22:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: XCygwin

I have noticed that when I put:

URxvt*perl-ext-common:	default,tabbed

to ~/.Xdefaults

URXVT does not work right:

$ urxvt&
$ urxvt: perl hook 0 evaluation error: no such resource
'perl_ext_2,-tabbed', requested at /usr/lib/urxvt/perl/tabbed line 64.
urxvt: Can't call method "parent" on an undefined value at
/usr/lib/urxvt/perl/tabbed line 83.
urxvt: Can't call method "focus_in" on an undefined value at
/usr/lib/urxvt/perl/tabbed line 162.
urxvt: Can't call method "parent" on an undefined value at
/usr/lib/urxvt/perl/tabbed line 83.
urxvt: Can't call method "parent" on an undefined value at
/usr/lib/urxvt/perl/tabbed line 83.
urxvt: Can't call method "focus_out" on an undefined value at
/usr/lib/urxvt/perl/tabbed line 170.
urxvt: Can't call method "parent" on an undefined value at
/usr/lib/urxvt/perl/tabbed line 83.
urxvt: Can't call method "focus_in" on an undefined value at
/usr/lib/urxvt/perl/tabbed line 162.
urxvt: Can't call method "parent" on an undefined value at
/usr/lib/urxvt/perl/tabbed line 83.
urxvt: Can't call method "focus_out" on an undefined value at
/usr/lib/urxvt/perl/tabbed line 170.

it seems to hang and I have to kill it.

I remember it worked fine, also with that line in .Xdefault.

Perhaps the last upgrade to perl-5.10.1-4?

Ciao,
Angelo.

* Re: Problems with URXVT [Perl]
@ 2010-10-13 17:29 ` Charles Wilson
From: Charles Wilson @ 2010-10-13 17:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree

On 10/11/2010 6:02 PM, Angelo Graziosi wrote:
> I have noticed that when I put:
>
> URxvt*perl-ext-common:    default,tabbed
>
> to ~/.Xdefaults
>
> URXVT does not work right:
>
> $ urxvt&
> $ urxvt: perl hook 0 evaluation error: no such resource
>
> it seems to hang and I have to kill it.
>
> I remember it worked fine, also with that line in .Xdefault.

Odd.

> Perhaps the last upgrade to perl-5.10.1-4?

Seems likely (although current urxvt was built against perl-5.10.1-2!).
 I'll try to roll out a (test) rebuild soon.

Thanks for the report.

--
Chuck