* [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: xorg-server-1.9.0-2 (TEST)
@ 2010-10-13 15:08 Jon TURNEY
From: Jon TURNEY @ 2010-10-13 15:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree

The following packages have been updated in the Cygwin distribution:

*** xorg-server-1.9.0-2
*** xorg-server-dmx-1.9.0-2

This package contains XWin and the other X.Org X11 servers.

A new 1.9 release candidate has also been made available as a test release.
This will be made stable in approximately one week if no major regressions are
reported.

This contains the following cygwin-specific changes:

- Fix a regression with window placement: Windows which remember their
position were drifting towards the bottom-right with each appearance
- Move log files from /var/log to /var/log/xwin, which is created mode 0777,
to avoid logging failures in multiuser setups

Mentions of /var/log/XWin.0.log in the documentation will be updated to say
/var/log/xwin/XWin.0.log after this release is made stable.

Additional documentation for the experimental WGL mode:
* OpenGL drawing to an X window which is not a top-level window is not yet
implemented.
* Please ensure you are using the latest display drivers for your hardware
before reporting any visual issues with WGL.

--
Jon TURNEY
Volunteer Cygwin/X X Server maintainer

email header of this message.  Send email to the address specified
there.  It will be in the format:

If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:

Please read *all* of the information on unsubscribing that is available
starting at this URL.

* Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: xorg-server-1.9.0-2 (TEST)
@ 2010-10-23 12:31 ` Jon TURNEY
From: Jon TURNEY @ 2010-10-23 12:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree

On 13/10/2010 12:44, Jon TURNEY wrote:
> The following packages have been updated in the Cygwin distribution:
>
> *** xorg-server-1.9.0-2
> *** xorg-server-dmx-1.9.0-2
>
> This package contains XWin and the other X.Org X11 servers.
>
> A new 1.9 release candidate has also been made available as a test release.
> This will be made stable in approximately one week if no major regressions are
> reported.

These packages have been promoted from test to current.

> This contains the following cygwin-specific changes:
>
> - Fix a regression with window placement: Windows which remember their
> position were drifting towards the bottom-right with each appearance
> - Move log files from /var/log to /var/log/xwin, which is created mode 0777,
> to avoid logging failures in multiuser setups
>
> Mentions of /var/log/XWin.0.log in the documentation will be updated to say
> /var/log/xwin/XWin.0.log after this release is made stable.

... and I am in the process of updating the documentation.

@ 2010-10-26 12:47   ` Jon TURNEY
From: Jon TURNEY @ 2010-10-26 12:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree; +Cc: jofferman

On 26/10/2010 00:53, Yaakov (Cygwin/X) wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-10-25 at 16:21 -0700, J. Offerman wrote:
>> Please advise on this error.
>>
>> =====================================
>>    CCLD   XWin.exe
>> /usr/lib/libXfont.a(miscutil.o):miscutil.c:(.data+0x0): multiple definition of `
>> _serverGeneration'
>> ../../dix/.libs/libdix.a(globals.o):globals.c:(.bss+0x4): first defined here
>> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>
> Building xserver 1.9 requires a version of libXfont which will be
> uploaded shortly together with the rest of X11R7.6.

Specifically, as /usr/share/doc/Cygwin/xorg-server.README says, you need
libXfont-devel-1.4.2-2, which hasn't been uploaded yet :-)

If you want to build libXfont yourself, the needed patch is [1]

[1]
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/lib/libXfont/commit/?id=8f75706901da0141590d46f0f898e5678feac953

--

@ 2010-10-25 23:54 ` Yaakov (Cygwin/X)
From: Yaakov (Cygwin/X) @ 2010-10-25 23:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree

On Mon, 2010-10-25 at 16:21 -0700, J. Offerman wrote:
> Please advise on this error.
>
> =====================================
>   CCLD   XWin.exe
> /usr/lib/libXfont.a(miscutil.o):miscutil.c:(.data+0x0): multiple definition of `
> _serverGeneration'
> ../../dix/.libs/libdix.a(globals.o):globals.c:(.bss+0x4): first defined here
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Building xserver 1.9 requires a version of libXfont which will be
uploaded shortly together with the rest of X11R7.6.

Yaakov
Cygwin/X

* Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: xorg-server-1.9.0-2 (TEST)
@ 2010-10-25 23:21 J. Offerman
From: J. Offerman @ 2010-10-25 23:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree

Please advise on this error.