From: "Harri T." <haba713@gmail.com>
To: cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com
Subject: Keyboard initialization failed. This could be a missing or incorrect setup of xkeyboard-config.
Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 19:32:00 -0000	[thread overview]

Hi! My Cygwin/X fails to start.

/var/log/xwin/XWin.0.log:
>   [   667.715] (EE) XKB: Could not invoke xkbcomp
>   [   667.715] (EE) XKB: Couldn't compile keymap
>   [   667.715] (EE) XKB: Failed to load keymap. Loading default keymap instead.
>   [   669.571] (EE) XKB: Could not invoke xkbcomp
>   [   669.571] (EE) XKB: Couldn't compile keymap
>   [   669.571] XKB: Failed to compile keymap
>   [   669.571] Keyboard initialization failed. This could be a missing or incorrect setup of xkeyboard-config.
>   [   669.571]
>   Fatal server error:
>   [   669.571] Failed to activate core devices.

Full /var/log/xwin/XWin.0.log is here (expires in 7 days): http://pastebin.com/80rjKMwb

At first X used to work well. Then problems started when I didn't log in Windows immediately when login prompt appeared. Now I can't start X at all.

"cygcheck xkbcomp" finds no failures in library loading and "rebaseall" does not help.

Any idea?

Harri