From: Jon TURNEY <jon.turney@dronecode.org.uk>
To: cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com
Cc: "Tobias Häußler" <tobias.haeussler@gmx.de>
Subject: Re: Taskbar grouping in Windows 7
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 15:31:00 -0000	[thread overview]

On 01/07/2011 21:38, Tobias Häußler wrote:
> On 29/06/2011 15:25, Jon TURNEY wrote:
>> On 25/06/2011 13:48, Tobias Häußler wrote:
>>> I created a small patch for XWin that adds correct grouping of taskbar
>>> icons when 'Always combine, hide labels' is set in the taskbar
>>> properties. It uses the new taskbar APIs introduced in Windows 7 to set
>>> an application id for each window. The id is based on the X11 class hints.
>>> Maybe it is useful for someone...
>>
>> Firstly, thanks very much for this patch.
>>
>> Getting Windows to correctly group XWin windows on the taskbar is something
>> that has needed fixing for a while, so it's great to have it done :-)
>
> Thanks for your suggestions! I changed the code you mentioned.

Thanks.  I've included this patch into the 1.10.3-1 package.

I noticed that there are a couple of warnings issued when building

>   CC     winmultiwindowwm.o
> In file included from winmultiwindowwm.c:69:0:
> taskbar.h:59:19: warning: ‘IID_IPropertyStore’ initialized and declared ‘extern’
> taskbar.h:67:53: warning: ‘PKEY_AppUserModel_ID’ initialized and declared ‘extern’

This seems to be related to the nonsense that is INITGUID.  I'm not sure how
to fix this warning.  Would moving all the GUIDs we use (including the DirectX
ones we use) to a separate file and compiling that with INITGUID defined be
the correct solution?

The other thing I noticed is that PropVariantClear() has been provided by
ole32.dll since at least NT4, so there's no need to dynamically link with it.
 So I'm confused as to why you are using GetProcAddress for that?

--
Jon TURNEY
Volunteer Cygwin/X X Server maintainer