From: Eliot Moss <moss@cs.umass.edu>
To: cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com
Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: xorg-server-1.10.3-1
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 02:26:00 -0000	[thread overview]

On 7/19/2011 10:24 AM, Jon TURNEY wrote:
> The following packages have been updated in the Cygwin distribution:
>
> *** xorg-server-1.10.3-1
> *** xorg-server-dmx-1.10.3-1

> * On Windows 7, use new taskbar APIs so X windows are grouped on the taskbar
> more correctly (Thanks to Tobias Häußler)

I have a wondering about whether this accomplishes something I
have been desiring ... apparently not, but perhaps I have simply
not set things up right.

- I start XWin via run.exe invoking a startxwin.bat file. This avoid a
   needless console window.
- I have created a Windows shortcut for this, and given it the XWin.exe
   icon by pointing the shortcut's icon selection to XWin.exe.
- I get a *separate* instance of the XWin icon when XWin starts up,
   that is, separate from the run.exe one.

What I would *like* is for the running instance of XWin.exe to be
considered as "having the same icon", so that I don't get two instances,
one for the run.exe shortcut and another for the running XWin.

Is there another/better way I can arrange this?

Regards -- Eliot Moss