From: Linda Walsh <cygwin@tlinx.org>
To: cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com, "cygwin@cygwin.com" <cygwin@cygwin.com>
Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: xorg-server-1.10.3-1
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 04:57:00 -0000	[thread overview]

Jon TURNEY wrote:

> The following packages have been updated in the Cygwin distribution:
>
> *** xorg-server-1.10.3-1
> *** xorg-server-dmx-1.10.3-1

----
	How can I install 'just' those packages (from the command
line)....

	The GUI has no option to only install 1 package --
it selects ALL, (100's of my packages want updates, but when I tried I
tried it last, I ended up with a completely non-function cygwin setup
(no bash, nada..., thank goddess I had a backup...)

	So now now, I tried going through and unselecting, but there
were too many and my wrists gave out.....and of course the GUI has
not KB-accelerators like shift-minus to unselect all, that I could find.

	Any easy way to cherry pick packages to install rather than being
forced fed entire updates all at once?

the cmd line 'setup' claims to allow you to install, one package, but
then it went through the whole gui process and still had all the other
default packages installed!....