On 12/4/2011 7:13 PM, Yaakov (Cygwin/X) wrote: > On Fri, 2011-12-02 at 08:01 -0500, Ken Brown wrote: >> This doesn't do it. Emacs still dies after a short time. I don't know >> if that means that there's something else going on, but I'll retest it >> after you package gvfs. In the meantime, I'll continue with my >> workaround of setting GSETTINGS_BACKEND=memory. Now that gvfs is available, I've built the latest emacs-24 pretest against gtk3 and removed the GSETTINGS_BACKEND=memory setting, but I still have the same problem. If I start emacs and then just walk away from it, after a while it will die with a segfault. (It may take an hour or more before this happens.) I've got a backtrace (attached), but it may not be useful because of optimization. I can rebuild without optimization if you think it would be helpful. In the meantime, if you want to try to reproduce the problem, you can get my build of emacs-24.0.95-2 by running setup.exe -K http://sanibeltranquility.com/cygwin/kbrown.gpg and adding http://sanibeltranquility.com/cygwin to the list of mirrors. I'm attaching cygcheck output in case you can spot something in my setup that's different from yours. Ken