"Caught signal 11 (Segmentation fault). Server aborting" So far I've only been able to duplicate this when tunneling Eclipse. I tried writing a simple java program that creates a JFrame window but could not replicate the crash with anything smaller (sorry!). The problem exists in the two versions I tried: Eclipse 3.6 and 4.2. Although the error message pops up, Cygwin/X doesn't actually terminate until the error window that reports the segfault is closed. X continues to work if I ignore it, however all of the newly created windows do not have any titlebars or frame borders. This problem does NOT occur when running with either a root window or with the '-rootless' option. I've attached the XWin backtrace.