From: Jon TURNEY <jon.turney@dronecode.org.uk>
To: cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com
Cc: lukashaase@gmx.at
Subject: Re: XWin ignores all parameters related to multiple monitors
Date: Fri, 09 May 2014 10:15:00 -0000	[thread overview]

On 09/05/2014 00:27, Lukas Haase wrote:
> On 2014-05-08 5:15, Jon TURNEY wrote:
>
>> So, do you have an example of this working as you would like on a unix
>> system, and what is the window manager is that case?
>
> I am not sure if I get the question.
>
> What I could do is to login via VNC and see how the windows are placed
> are if they are placed the correct way?
>
> Is this what you mean?
>
> Unfortunately I have no chance to install Cadence locally and run it
> from a local, dual monitor setup from Linux because Cadence is a
> proprietary, expensive tool.

I understand that.

I am just looking for some evidence that it isn't a bug in the
application, i.e. that it works correctly for *anyone* :D

Knowing a window manager which places these windows correctly would also
give me some source code to look at to work out what I need to change.

>> I've built a snapshot [1], which adds a heuristic which ignores a
>> 'program specified location' hint if the location is the origin, which
>> you might like to try and see if that fixes your problem, but I'm not
>> sure if that is the correct solution.
>
> I have just the issue that the exe does not seem to work for me. Is
> there anything special I need to consider?

Sorry, my snapshot building script went wrong and the snapshot was
broken.  Try this one instead.

ftp://cygwin.com/pub/cygwinx/x86/XWin.20140509-git-c4a16a6606868d3e.exe.bz2

--
Jon TURNEY
Volunteer Cygwin/X X Server maintainer