* configure errors for xclock
@ 2014-05-09 15:22 Philip Schneider
From: Philip Schneider @ 2014-05-09 15:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree

Greetings -

Very long-time X user/programmer, complete n00b using it in cygwin…

I have what should be an up-to-date cygwin install on a Windows 7 box. Used the setup application to retrieve the source code for xclock (tried both the 6 and 7 versions). Trying to run “configure”, I get errors:

    No package ‘xaw7’ found
    No package ‘xmu’ found

I don’t see an entry for either of these in the setup application…

What am I doing wrong? Am I missing some somewhat-less-obvious thing to install? I using “configure; make” not the right way to do things?

Thanks!

— Philip

* Re: configure errors for xclock
@ 2014-05-09 15:47 ` Tim Prince
From: Tim Prince @ 2014-05-09 15:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree

On 5/9/2014 11:22 AM, Philip Schneider wrote:
> Greetings -
>
> Very long-time X user/programmer, complete n00b using it in cygwinÂ…
>
> I have what should be an up-to-date cygwin install on a Windows 7 box. Used the setup application to retrieve the source code for xclock (tried both the 6 and 7 versions). Trying to run “configure”, I get errors:
>
>      No package ‘xaw7’ found
>      No package ‘xmu’ found

http://x.cygwin.com/docs/ug/setup-cygwin-x-installing.html

installing xinit should have installed xclock and all its dependencies.

--
Tim Prince

* Re: configure errors for xclock
@ 2014-05-09 16:52 ` Marco Atzeri
From: Marco Atzeri @ 2014-05-09 16:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree

On 09/05/2014 17:22, Philip Schneider wrote:
> Greetings -
>
> Very long-time X user/programmer, complete n00b using it in cygwinÂ…
>
> I have what should be an up-to-date cygwin install on a Windows 7 box. Used the setup application to retrieve the source code for xclock (tried both the 6 and 7 versions). Trying to run “configure”, I get errors:
>
>      No package ‘xaw7’ found
>      No package ‘xmu’ found
>
> I donÂ’t see an entry for either of these in the setup applicationÂ…
>
> What am I doing wrong? Am I missing some somewhat-less-obvious thing to install? I using “configure; make” not the right way to do things?
>
> Thanks!
>
> — Philip
> --

you need to install the packages that includes the needed header

   libXaw-devel
   libXmu-devel

for info
http://www.cygwin.com/packages/