From: Jon TURNEY <jon.turney@dronecode.org.uk>
To: cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com
Cc: devel.chm.01@gmail.com
Subject: Re: glXMakeCurrent() call crashes X server
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2014 12:29:00 -0000	[thread overview]

On 02/06/2014 13:04, Chris Marshall wrote:
> On Thu, May 29, 2014 at 1:00 PM, Chris Marshall wrote:
>> I've been unable to debug the following failure because it results in the entire cygwin X server crashing.  The code involved is from building the Prima::OpenGL module which fails running test t/02_basic.t in the call to glXMakeCurrent() in the x11.c file.
>>
>> I've attached an edited version of the cygcheck output, the XWin.0.log, and the output error message from the mintty console which appears to have the "final gasp" message which does not make it into XWin.0.log (presumably because of the crash):
>>

>>>   winGetWindowInfo: forcing window to exist
>>>   assertion "pWin->parent" failed: file
>>>   "/wip/cygport-git/xorg-server/xorg-server-1.15.0-3/src/xserver-cygwin-1.15.0-3/hw/xwin/winmultiwindowwindow.c",
>>>   line 63, function: isToplevelWindow

Thanks for the bug report and reproduction steps.

I think this looks like a bug I fixed in 1.15.1-1, where the X server
would crash if OpenGL was used on the (hidden) root window in
multiwindow mode. [1]

In any case, can you please retry with the latest X server version.

[1] https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-xfree-announce/2014-04/msg00003.html

--
Jon TURNEY
Volunteer Cygwin/X X Server maintainer