From: "Matt D." <matt@codespunk.com>
To: cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com
Subject: Re: Wine creating windows offscreen when "multiwindow" is used?
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2014 22:22:00 -0000	[thread overview]

Jon,

Yes! That fixed it. Windows from Wine open up just as regular X windows
on the primary monitor.

To achieve this is appears as though you're ignoring the Window's
requested x/y position entirely and favoring the placement heuristics,
as these coordinates are being ignored.

I do have a use-case where I want windows from Wine to be created at a
designated position for testing, so I don't have to test on a Windows
machine for placement as well. Is it at all possible to have these
windows map their coordinates strictly, as in 0,0 on the primary monitor
would be 1920x1080 in my case.

For example, I may want a child window which is a custom dialog aligned
to the center of its parent, or a newly created window to be
center-aligned to the screen.

You've done a great job with this, Jon. I'm not complaining, as this
will allow me to begin writing code immediately (I can finally see the
window!).

Thanks so much for your help. :)

Matt D.