From: Jon TURNEY <jon.turney@dronecode.org.uk>
To: cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com
Cc: mathog@caltech.edu
Subject: Re: Possible X11 server bug
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2014 13:35:00 -0000	[thread overview]

On 05/09/2014 17:55, mathog wrote:
> I have run into an issue which _may_ indicate a bug in the cygwin X11
> server.  The issue is documented here:
>
>     https://bugs.launchpad.net/inkscape/+bug/1365153
>
> In brief, for certain test files viewed in Inkscape (current trunk at
> least) over a putty ssh tunnel from an Ubuntu 12.04lts system to the
> cygwin 1.14.1.0 X11 server there are glitches in the image when it is
> zoomed in and out.  This does not occur if the same program is run
> locally on the console of the test machine.

Thanks for reporting this problem.

It's not quite clear, but I think you are saying that it renders
correctly when run locally on the Ubuntu 12.04 system?

There are a couple of possible variables, which might affect things

The version of the X server may not be the same.  It would be useful to
compare the same version, and also be helpful if you could test with the
most recent X server (1.16.0)

FWIW, the .svgs attached to that bug seem to render identically
(although I'm not sure what correctly looks like) using a Cygwin
Inkscape 0.48.4 r9939 (from cygwinports) and X server 1.16.0-1

--
Jon TURNEY
Volunteer Cygwin/X X Server maintainer