* RE: can not open display
@ 2003-10-20  3:50 Narasimha Reddy K
From: Narasimha Reddy K @ 2003-10-20  3:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com'

Try with xhost + local pc ip address on server and run calc ot any X Dispaly
on server and try.

rgs,
NR
From: Harold L Hunt II @ 2003-10-20 16:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree

Philip,

You should read the half-page in the User's Guide that tells how to do
this.  Note that it may be easier to use ssh (described on the same
page) if you already have an ssh server setup.

http://xfree86.cygwin.com/docs/ug/using-remote-apps.html#using-remote-apps-telnet

Harold

Philip D wrote:

> I want to get x connection to remote server: run the programme in the server
> and display in local pc.
>
> My pc got a local IP: 192.168.0.3,
> external IP 81.152.*.*
> (my homenetworking with 3 pcs connectting to the internet through a router)
>
> it does not work when I set DISPLAY=127.0.0.1:0 or any of the above.
>
> what I should do to OPEN DISPLAY?
>
> Thanks in advance
> Philip D.

* Re: can not open display
@ 2003-10-19 13:26 ` Alexander Gottwald
From: Alexander Gottwald @ 2003-10-19 13:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree

Philip D wrote:

> I want to get x connection to remote server: run the programme in the server
> and display in local pc.
>
> My pc got a local IP: 192.168.0.3,
> external IP 81.152.*.*
> (my homenetworking with 3 pcs connectting to the internet through a router)
>
> it does not work when I set DISPLAY=127.0.0.1:0 or any of the above.
>
> what I should do to OPEN DISPLAY?

use ssh.

DISPLAY=127.0.0.1:0.0 ssh -X server

after login you can start any X11 program and ssh automagicly forwards the
output to your local xserver.

If it does not work, see the troubleshooting section of the faq.

bye
    ago
NP: JBO - Ein klassischer Tag zum Sterbe
 http://www.gotti.org           ICQ: 126018723

* can not open display
@ 2003-10-19 11:26 Philip D