Hi, >From X application, I select some text. I switch on Windows application and I try to paste the text. I do "Ctrl-V" => nothing happens I do a second "Ctrl-V" => the text is pasted This problem depends on the X application When a "paste" occurs, XWin receives a WM_RENDERFORMAT message : (cf. winClipboardWindowProc()) step 1/ XWin try to get the selection in COMPOUND_TEXT format (cf. winProcessXEventsTimeout() calls XConvertSelection("COMPOUND_TEXT ")) step 2/ If the owner of the selection (the X app) can't handle COMPOUND_TEXT format, XWin try to get the selection in UTF8_STRING format (cf. winClipboardFlushXEvents(), on receive an SelectionNotify event with "event.xselection.property == None", XWin calls XConvertSelection("UTF8_STRING")) step 3/ If the owner of the selection (the X app) can't handle UTF8_STRING format, XWin try to get the selection in XA_STRING format (cf. winClipboardFlushXEvents(), on receive an SelectionNotify event with "event.xselection.property == None", XWin calls XConvertSelection("XA_STRING")) But there is a bug in XWin : XWin calls winProcessXEventsTimeout() only twice. If the X app handles only handles XA_STRING format, the "step 3" is never invoked ! As the result, XWin can't get "paste data" and log the message: "winClipboardWindowProc - timed out waiting for WIN_XEVENTS_NOTIFY" XWin.log with my comment: ... (receive WM_RENDER_FORMAT message) winClipboardWindowProc - WM_RENDER*FORMAT - Hello. (call XConvertSelection("COMPOUND_TEXT ")) (first call winProcessXEventsTimeout()) winClipboardFlushXEvents - SelectionNotify winClipboardFlushXEvents - SelectionNotify - ATOM: PRIMARY (receive event.xselection.target == atomCompoundText aka COMPOUND_TEXT) (the X app can't handle COMPOUND_TEXT format) winClipboardFlushXEvents - SelectionNotify - Requesting conversion of CompoundText target. (call XConvertSelection("UTF8_STRING") and return) (second call winProcessXEventsTimeout()) winClipboardFlushXEvents - SelectionNotify winClipboardFlushXEvents - SelectionNotify - ATOM: PRIMARY (receive event.xselection.target == atomUTF8String aka UTF8_STRING) (the X app can't handle UTF8_STRING format) winClipboardFlushXEvents - SelectionNotify - Requesting conversion of UTF8 target. (call XConvertSelection("XA_STRING") and return) (XWin can't get paste data, also it logs an error :) (and reset the clipboard => SetClipboardData (CF_UNICODETEXT, NULL);SetClipboardData (CF_TEXT, NULL);) winClipboardWindowProc - timed out waiting for WIN_XEVENTS_NOTIFY ... Solution 1 : Call a third time the function winProcessXEventsTimeout() (see paste_bug_solution1.patch file attached) but this is not a very elegant solution ... Solution 2 : call winProcessXEventsTimeout() only one time winProcessXEventsTimeout() must process all notification until * time out expired * getting the paste data * error occurred (see paste_bug_solution2.patch file attached) note: the actual timeout is set to 1 second. Greetings,