* Re: selection to clipboard in xterm
@ 2010-09-28  7:06 Sven Severus
From: Sven Severus @ 2010-09-28  7:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree

 Hallo Gery,

thanks for your reply.
Inside xterm the middle button works fine to paste,
but what I need is to paste in arbitrary windows
applications - just by using the windows clipboard.
And that does not work.

Sven

--
Mit freundlichen GrÌßen

Dipl. Inform. Sven Severus
Softwareentwicklung
HIMA Paul Hildebrandt GmbH + CO KG
Abt: Entwicklung Software
Albert-Bassermann-Strasse 28
68782 Bruehl
Germany

Tel: +49 6202 709-289
Fax: +49 6202 709-299
E-Mail: s.severus@hima.com
Internet: www.hima.de

--
HIMA Paul Hildebrandt GmbH + Co KG, Albert-Bassermann-Str. 28, 68782 Bruehl bei Mannheim
Kommanditgesellschaft, Sitz Bruehl, Deutschland - Registergericht Mannheim HRA 421017

Persoenlich haftende Gesellschafterin Paul Hildebrandt Verwaltungsgesellschaft mbH,
Sitz Bruehl, Deutschland - Registergericht Mannheim HRB 420588

Geschaeftsfuehrer: Dipl.-Betriebswirt Steffen Philipp

* Re: selection to clipboard in xterm
@ 2010-09-28 16:31 ` Jim Reisert AD1C
From: Jim Reisert AD1C @ 2010-09-28 16:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree; +Cc: Sven Severus

On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 1:02 AM, Sven Severus wrote:

> thanks for your reply.
> Inside xterm the middle button works fine to paste,
> but what I need is to paste in arbitrary windows
> applications - just by using the windows clipboard.
> And that does not work.

Have you tried SHIFT+INSERT to paste text into those windows?

--
Jim Reisert AD1C, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us

* Re: selection to clipboard in xterm
@ 2010-10-14 14:11 Charles Smith
From: Charles Smith @ 2010-10-14 14:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree

From: Morgan Gangwere <0 dot fractalus at gmail dot com>
> Sounds like something is trashing a buffer... however I'm not entirely
> sure.
> Sounds oddly configuration related... then again, i don't use fvwm on
> windows.

I've just observed something very interesting about this.

This happens for a window that's local to the cygwin X server.  When I open a window on this server from a remote (linux) client via ssh -X, the problem does not appear!

That is,
 - I sweep something onto my cut-buffer
 - I can paste it into a linux window when the mouse cursor is anywhere on the screen.
 - I can only paste it into a local cygwin xterm when the mouse cursor is directly over the target window.
 - if I focus back on the linux window, I can paste the original string again (independent of the position of the mouse cursor).

Furthermore, I think I observed that the buffer gets *changed* when I moved the mouse from the linux window to the cygwin window.

I swept something, and could paste it into the linux window.  Then, I focused on the cygwin with the mouse elsewhere.  Pasting from the xterm cut buffer (or the "_" command) did not work.  When I moved the mouse into the cygwin window, I could paste - but something else than I just swept got pasted!

* Re: selection to clipboard in xterm
@ 2010-09-29  6:28 Sven Severus
From: Sven Severus @ 2010-09-29  6:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree

Thanks to your Reply, Jim.
Yes, I tried SHIFT+INSERT (which I know from
XEmacs) to paste, but I never get pasted into
a windows application what I highlighted in my
xterm earlier on. Nevertheless, from one xterm
to another xterm this works fine...

One additional remark: When I highlight a piece
of text in my xterm, the content of the windows
clipboard does not remain unaffected: it is
cleared (reset to the empty string).
Even harder for me to understand ;-> ...

Greetings, Sven

@ 2010-09-24 12:13 ` Gery
From: Gery @ 2010-09-24 12:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree; +Cc: cygwin-xfree