On Sat, Feb 14, 2015 at 9:53 AM, Jon TURNEY wrote: > > The following packages have been updated in the Cygwin distribution: > > *** xorg-server-*1.17.1-1 > > These packages contain XWin and the other X.Org X11 servers. > > These packages are currently available as a test release, and will be made > stable in approximately two weeks, if no major regressions are reported. > > Please try test releases and report problems to the Cygwin/X mailing list. > Testing helps ensure good releases! > > ... Thank you for your hard work. Unfortunately, I have experienced 2 regressions vs 1.16.3-1. (In the results below, I am assuming 1 and 2 are the same regression/issue, while 3 is separate.) Test Setup: XDMCP Server: death-star: RHEL 7.1 beta with GDM and the MATE desktop environment (from EPEL) XDMCP Client: executor: Windows 10 (build 9926) Technical Preview 64-bit with 32-bit Cygwin (I have attached the output of `cygcheck -s -v -r`.) Initial steps: X :3 -query death-star Steps/Results with 1.16.3-1: 1. GDM immediately comes up 2. I can login to the MATE desktop session without any errors/warnings 3. When I log out of the MATE session, I am returned to GDM I've attached the command-line output Steps/Results with 1.17.1-1: 1. I receive an error dialog window (which appears to be using GTK3): Could not switch the monitor configuration could not set the configuration for CRTC 62 (I have to click "close" before I can get to GDM.) 2. I can login to the MATE desktop session, but as I do, I receive a notification dialog related to what I saw before GDM's UI would appear. "Could not apply the stored configuration for monitors" ... (see screenshot for exact text) 3. When I log out of the MATE session, XWin core dumps. I've attached the command-line output screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/JOKeY -Mike