* screen redraw problem
@ 2003-11-05 16:15 J S
From: J S @ 2003-11-05 16:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree, xfree86

Is there anymore information I need to add to this post? I would really like
to get some help with it. The logs don't seem to be showing anything. I've
tried setting different color depths, and screen resolutions but to no
avail.

Hi,

I have an application which has some boxes in the window. The window itself
is scrollable. When I scroll down -  no problem, but when I scroll up the
boxes turn into long vertical bars. This problem doesn't happen with Exceed,
but on XFree86 (both Linux XFree86 and Cygwin-XFree) it does.

Can anyone advise me whether this is a bug, or is there some setting I need
to add? Let me know if you need anymore information.

Thanks for any help.

JS.

http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger

* Re: screen redraw problem
@ 2003-11-05 17:23 ` Harold L Hunt II
From: Harold L Hunt II @ 2003-11-05 17:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree

JS,

Looks like you have found a generic problem with X or one of the
libraries you are using.  It is going to take a lot of debugging... you
are going to have to be that guy.

Harold

J S wrote:

> Is there anymore information I need to add to this post? I would really
> like to get some help with it. The logs don't seem to be showing
> anything. I've tried setting different color depths, and screen
> resolutions but to no avail.
>
> Hi,
>
> I have an application which has some boxes in the window. The window itself
> is scrollable. When I scroll down -  no problem, but when I scroll up the
> boxes turn into long vertical bars. This problem doesn't happen with
> Exceed,
> but on XFree86 (both Linux XFree86 and Cygwin-XFree) it does.
>
> Can anyone advise me whether this is a bug, or is there some setting I need
> to add? Let me know if you need anymore information.
>
> Thanks for any help.
>
> JS.

> Stay in touch with absent friends - get MSN Messenger
> http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger

* Re: [XFree86] screen redraw problem
@ 2003-11-05 19:04 ` Mark Vojkovich
From: Mark Vojkovich @ 2003-11-05 19:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: J S; +Cc: cygwin-xfree, xfree86

   Maybe your app is expecting backing store.  You can start XFree86
with backing store "startx -- +bs".

			Mark.

@ 2003-11-06  9:05 J S
From: J S @ 2003-11-06  9:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree; +Cc: xfree86

Thanks Mark,

Unfortunately that didn't make any difference.